Wednesday 8 March 2017

We're Going To Disney World!


I've touched upon this subject a few times over the past 3 years - yes, that's how long this idea has been floating around! - and now I wanted to share this with you on my blog.

I'M GOING TO DISNEY WORLD THIS YEAR.

And other places in Florida, but I AM SO EXCITED!! If you're feeling lazy and don't want to read anything, here's a little video me and my sister made about this, along with a look at the park tickets we've purchased from Attractions Tickets Direct.

The main things in the below video are:
  • When we're going (roughly!)
  • Where we're staying
  • Where we're visiting
  • Where we purchased our park tickets from

But if you wanted a longer run down, here's what's going down with the holiday!

In the Summertime, around my birthday, we're off on a little holiday to Orlando! I've been planning this since about August 2013, which was only a few months after I came back from my last trip there. I'd thought about it from then onward, and by the following April, I'd decided we were definitely going.

I started looking at villas almost immediately as I'd decided I was going to book it all myself and we were having a villa. Funnily enough, the very first villa I checked out is the one we've actually booked! I looked at over 80 villas (not exaggerating there!) and none came up to the same standard or price as this one. The villa is in the Glenbrook Community, about 10/15 minutes away from Disney and the other parks.

It's such a lovely villa, and I've been lusting after it for about three years now, so as you can imagine I am SUPER EXCITED.

{Image from florida-sun.net}
I'm going with my dad and sister, so it's an all adult trip this time - and the first time all three of us will be going on holiday together in 3 years!

Dad is coming to drive us all about and to basically stop me from spending all my money at Hogwarts... His condition on coming, was that we had to visit Kennedy Space Center! I really liked this when we went in 2001, so now I'm older, hopefully I can enjoy it a lot more. We're also visiting both Universal Parks, the Disney water parks and also Seaworld.

Yes, we've all seen Blackfish, but we want to see the penguins and go on rollercoasters. So say no more on that...


So all these parks cost admission to visit, so where to get tickets? Attractions Tickets Direct. They had all the parks we wanted to go to in a very handy mutli-ticket, called the Orlando Freedom Ticket. We also got the Kennedy tickets at the same time, and it came to £675 per person for 11 parks. Honestly, that's really good value, as we had the actual tickets - NOT confirmations - sent to us. So no queuing up at the parks for the tickets and wasting time in lines!
Along with the tickets, we got the $169 memory maker with the Disney tickets, a Dine for Less card, and 4 free tickets to the Cirque Du Soleil La Nouba show at Disney Springs. These tickets are usually $59 each, so to get them free with our other tickets is so amazing! Very excited to see the show!!

Other than this, we're flying with British Airways, and managed to get our flights just before Christmas for £480 each. For a return trip! Thank you early Christmas deals!


That's basically everything so far! All we still have left to do is pay the final parts of the villa, and sort the car hire out and then we're all good to go!

I'll be doing a few more Florida related posts in the run up to us going, so keep an eye out for those if you're after any ideas of what to book if you're looking to do a holiday like this! Are you off to Florida this year, or have you been before and have tips/tricks to share? Let me know, because I'd love to hear what you have to say! Hope you have a great day and keep safe :)

Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin | YouTube | Tumblr | Pinterest | Facebook


4 comments:

  1. Sounds so exciting! I absolutely love Kennedy - it's so inspirational and interesting, so I'm sure you'll enjoy it. The villa looks lovely!

    Lisa | farawaylisamae.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember really liking it last time I went in 2001! So excited to go back! xx

      Delete
  2. This is awesome! :) If you visit anywhere near Clearwater, we should have a little blogger meet up! :) Or let us know when you will be at the parks as Kelly's husband got her different park tickets for her birthday, so they have been planning trips to go! They are currently there today, just not sure which park! :p We hope you have an amazing time, planning trips is so much fun! :) xxx

    www.theblossomtwins.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I venture that way, I'll definitely see if we can!! I'm heading to the Parks in September, so will defo let you know to see if you're about for then! I'm up to my neck in planning ideas and tips, so I'm super excited to go and get a little tan! xx

      Delete

Thank you for dropping by my blog! I read all my comments, and will try and reply when I can!