Friday 27 January 2017

52 Weeks Saving: Weeks 1-5 | Bullet Journal


One of my goals of the year, was to be a bit better with my money by spending less and saving more.

If you've heard of the 52 Week Saving Challenge before, then you might have even tried this yourself! If you're unfamialir, the idea is that each week you save an amount that corresponds to the week of the year. So the 5th week you'd save £5, week 26 you save £26 and so on, until you have £1378 by the end of the year.


I had tried this last year, and got to about 11 weeks before I gave in as I done it all wrong in how I approached it.

The main way is to do it as above, but I know that come December, saving £49-£52 over the last 4 weeks of the year (and at Christmas), would be too hard. So instead, I'm going to save a random amount each week, so I can then knock some of the larger amounts out of the way now, and work down to the lower amounts through the year.

So that's what my plan is anyway!

I also wanted to give myself some encouragement in the form of stickers - which are from The Sticker Party's store on etsy! I know these are in dollars, but it's the same amounts, so ignore that! I love using stickers, and thought I could put each denomination into my bullet journal as each week goes so I can keep track of which amounts have been done.




As you can see, I've actually done 5 weeks straight from the off, even though this is only the 4th week of the year! I just wanted to go a little further ahead so I could try and finish this a week earlier!

I've gone straight in and done the four highest amounts, and then chucked a random low one in, just to bump up the current total a little bit more. I'm planning on putting each amount away into a saving account each Friday, so will do a check in post on the totals as I go, throughout the year ahead.

I'll even do a little tracker below of the total and how much is left, in case anyone is interested!

Week 5 Total: £210
Amount To Go: £1168

At the moment, I've not got any immediate plans for the money, but after Florida this year, I have a feeling this savings pot will come in handy!

Have you tried the 52 weeks saving challenge before? How far did you get, and how did you find it? Let me know! Hope you have a great day and keep safe :)

post signature
Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin | YouTube | Tumblr | Pinterest | Facebook



12 comments:

  1. I've never heard of this savings challenge! I think it's a pretty smart idea and I'll definitely give it a go since I've pretty much lost all my savings skills :')

    Diana
    coffeetalkwithdee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's a really good idea if you only want to save a little bit over time, and it helps biuld up a nice saving account! xx

      Delete
  2. I've heard about this before. I just put savings away monthly. Hope you manage to stick with this years!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do a little lump sum each month as well, but that's usually for monthly expenses! This is going to be a little savings for fun days and splurging (I think!)❤️

      Delete
  3. This sounds so good, I'm doing the Penny a day challenge which is similar only to add an extra penny each day... Jan 1st - 1p, jan 2nd - 2p and so on... but like you i've kept a log and i'm doing it randomly as and when I have the spare change rather than struggling towards the end of the year. great post. HAYLEY || Echo Luna Luxe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh a penny saver one sounds just as good! I might give that a try next year if I struggle with this one!! I think doing it randomly is easier, as you can do the bigger amounts at the start of the year when you're not worrying about Christmas! xx

      Delete
  4. Oh this is so freaking cool! I need to start this! :D although, I might put away a random amount per month instead of a week but ya know :-)

    ~ Jasmin N
    // littlethingswithjassy.blogspot.fi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm trying to stick to it so I can have money for goodies next year! Let me know if you try out your version and how it goes! xx

      Delete
  5. I'm doing the penny saving challenge. You save a penny for each day -so on day 1 you save 1p then 2 is 2p.... It means on the last day of the year you're only putting 3.65 in the jar but it all adds up to something like £600 and seems like nothing at the time. I've done it well so far, I hope I can keep it up. If I complete this I might try your one next. I love the idea of the stickers to keep track.

    Jenn

     Photo-Jenn-ic 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I might try the penny saver one next year and see if I can keep up with that! The stickers are some helpful at keeping track of what I've saved :) xx

      Delete
  6. This is such a fab idea! I'll definitely be doing this from now on. Thank you for the idea :)

    Laura x | http://pale-girl-reviews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it - hopefully can help you save! xx

      Delete

Thank you for dropping by my blog! I read all my comments, and will try and reply when I can!