Thursday 16 January 2014

What A Change | My Life

Hello everyone!

So if you didn't already know, I have a YouTube channel which I've been using religiously since September. Every Monday a new video is uploaded. It ranges from life, fashion, beauty, my views and personal vlogs. If you haven't already, please go and check it out and subscribe if you like it!

The reason I mention this is because I was just looking through my uploads and found myself watching old videos. I've had the channel for years, but didn't really use it to my advantage until recently. I found one video of which is just such a change from the person who writes this blog in present day!


I was only 18, almost 19 at the time when the 2011 video was filmed. In 2014, I am currently 21 and will be 22 in September. Not a huge age difference between the pictures, but wow.

2011: I've got no makeup on, or had styled my hair, or thought about what I was wearing in the video! Back then, my makeup was non-existent and hair styling was a daunting thought to me. True, nowadays I don't really style it much, but the parting is different, I use a few more products to maintain it, and it looks SO MUCH better. Or at least it does in my opinion! I now wear my day-to-day makeup when filming videos as I don't want to slap on too much. I've also seemingly got a tan since then as well. Maybe Florida in 2013 helped with that one.

But not only do I look different. I feel it too. Plus so many things in my life has changes since then.

I have a closer circle of friends, (both online and in my 'real' life). I can drive a car, which has got me out and about a teeny bit more. I stuck at my job. I'm single and loving that fact. My parents divorced, but it was for the best - I now have an extra family. I learnt how to do makeup, do nail art, use weird hair products and cared a little more about how I looked. I really got into fashion and beauty in the past year. The past year alone, at work, I've made myself talk to EVERYONE. I wanted more than just a couple of friends up there, and now I do! They are of all walks of life, and I love the fact that I get on with some of the older ones too. The biggest change has to be that I feel more confident.

I was just finishing school in 2011 and I hated it there. My friends are the only thing that came out of that place, and I've kept in touch with the ones I actually liked. The rest are either now just Facebook friends, or not friends at all. School was a confidence knocker for reasons I won't go into, but like most people you can guess why. Work was terrifying after school, but it really has given my life experience, and new friendships which I am genuinely happy about. Much better than school.

2013 was both a good and bad year for me, but 2014 is the year where I can really just be me and not give a care what people say about me as much. You still have to care a little, right? And I don't know about you, but I think I look happier in the 2014 picture.

I don't really have a point to this blog post, but what I am trying to say, or at least I think I am trying to say is: Things do change. May it be quickly or over 3 years like me, but things have changed for the better and I am loving that.

So glad I found that old video now, as it's put a smile on my face just thinking about things :)

Hope you all have a great day, and sorry this was so long winded! Keep safe :)


1 comment:

  1. This post made me smile, I can relate in ways to you. Life does get better like you said :D, xoxo.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by my blog! I read all my comments, and will try and reply when I can!